As a visa applicant, you must fulfill the following requirements
Valid travel documents including an onward or return ticket.
Two passport-size photos.
Form or letter from college/university in Singapore.
Three completed application forms.
Yellow fever vaccination certificate if passing through or coming from an endemic zone within 6 days of arriving in Singapore.
Local sponsor’s ID card, with photocopy, except for those in Institutes of Higher Learning.
Cost of a visa
Visa, Social Visit Pass (short-or long-term; S$20), Professional Visit Pass, Student Pass and Transit. Application packs with instructions and prevailing visa costs at the time of application are obtainable from the High Commission.Letter from the sponsor should be included.
Passport-sized photographs of the applicant.
Applicant’s passport showing personal particulars and passport’s date of expiry.
Birth Certificate (certified or notarized copy).
- All Educational Certificates and transcripts (certified or notarized copy.
- If applicant has worked before or is working All Employment letters and Salary slip.
- Bank statement / fixed deposit account / saving account. Bank statement is for documentary proof of financial ability to study & stay in Singapore. It can be from the applicant or applicant’s parents, and the applicant’s parents? Income slip.
- Parent’s Employment letter and Salary slip.
- If applicant has time gap between studies and this application: Statement of Declaration & purpose explaining the time gap after your last education, reasons to study in Singapore and plans after graduation.
- If applying for Master Programmes then Applicant’s resume.
- If names are different on documents then Affidavit (certified or notarized copy.
- Passport should be valid for more than six months from the date of return.
- Visa Application form duly filled and signed.
- 1 Recent passport size color photograph recently taken strictly against a white background.
- Covering letter stating the applicant’s name, designation, purpose and duration of stay.
- All documentary proof of admission into an institute or college.
Financial proof to show substance for the total course duration:-
- Proof of all previous educational and professional certificates.
- Proof of accommodation and sustenance in Singapore for the stay duration.
- Foreign exchange endorsement on passport.
- Confirmed one-way ticket.
- Photocopies of bio-data page, pages with endorsement and last 3 pages of the applicant’s passport.
- Birth Certificate.
- Certified copies of highest educational certificates and results.
Earning while studying in Singapore
In general, Full time graduate students are allowed to work part-time of up to a maximum of 16 hours per week. However, students need to obtain permission from the (International Student Center) ISC. During vacation, students are allowed to work full time as the Ministry of Manpower has exempted them from applying for work permits.
To acquire an extension, the immigration authorities in Singapore should be contacted. The price of the extension is subject to the immigration officer’s discretion.