Singapore has one of the world's top ranked education systems. Singapore's education system has proven to be one of the best in the world. Its students are continually ranked highly, especially in the areas of math and science.
Amazing things you never knew about Singapore
1. Since 1905, Singapore has changed its time zones 6 times! Presently its time zone is GMT+8 (just to be in synch with Malaysia), but it is technically still incorrect. Singapore should be in the GMT +7.5 time zone.
2. Chewing gum is banned in Singapore. Only those with medical prescription can chew gum!
3. Singapore is one of the 20 smallest countries in the world. The main island is 42 kilometres long and 23 kilometres wide and has a total land area of just 683 square kilometres.
4. There is a maximum limit to how high buildings in Singapore can be built, which is 280 meters.
5. The Tanjong Pagar Centre, opened in 2016, is Singapore’s tallest building at 290 meters. Special permission was granted to it to exceed the usual height restriction of 280 meters.
6. Other than the four official languages: English, Chinese, Malay, and Tamil that Singaporeans speak, they also speak a fifth language which is a local lingo by the name of Singlish. However, instead of being a broken language, it is a really complicated creole that foreigners cannot pick up easily.